VeriCAV has developed an integrated platform to allow Automated Driving Systems to be tested in simulation. As automated vehicle technology becomes increasingly sophisticated, new methods are needed to ensure safety. Simulation offers efficient evaluation of complex, infrequent and unsafe situations.
VeriCAV improves test efficiency when evaluating countless driving scenarios whilst simultaneously incorporating intelligent behaviour into simulated road-users.Generate Generate
The Test generator is now setting up the selected test scenario
- Pedestrians and Vehicles in the real-world move with a goal and purpose but each displays subtleties - variation in movement as a result of each individual's decision making.
- University of Leeds is using highly innovative approaches including incorporating machine learning techniques to bring this rich behaviour into the test scenarios.
- The smart actor behaviour will be influenced by the scenario and the movement of the Automated Vehicle.
- Explore and visualise the world of Smart actors.
- This Driving Simulator allows user to control speed of a vehicle as it encounters traffic vehicles turning right across its path.
- Developed by University of Leeds as part of VeriCAV.
- Driving simulator will include increasingly complex Smart Actor behaviour.
- Arrows above the actor vehicles show they are turning. Egg timer indicates they are waiting for space to turn.
- Test oracle performs an automated assessment of the Automated Vehicle under test against a range of metrics, including overall safety, good road etiquette, and smooth driving
- For this simple scenario the Automated vehicle has been judged to have made reasonable progress, in a safe manner without inconveniencing other road traffic
- Search space optimisation can now alter the setup of the test scenario to best evaluate the performance of the Automated Vehicle under test.
Selecting the drop down above can show more scenario options.